The British Women Pilots’ Association (BWPA) has announced 23 scholarships for women in 2022, worth over £45,000.
The aim of the BWPA is ‘to promote the training and employment of women in aviation, and the promotion of practical schemes to assist women to gain air licences.’
Applications are now open for the 2022 scholarships.
- Five BWPA Flying Start Scholarships, one sponsored by SkyDemon
For new pilots to gain their first qualifications.
- Four BWPA Flying High Scholarships, one sponsored by SkyDemon
For licensed pilots who wish to gain further qualifications.
- One BWPA Oriana Pepper Scholarship
To be awarded to a Flying Start or Flying High candidate who aspires to become a commercial pilot.
- Two BWPA Easy PPL Ground School Scholarships
Each for a Private Pilot Licence (A) ground school course.
- One BWPA 624squadron.com Scholarship
For a female aviation enthusiast for her own special mission and flying adventure, donated in proud memory of 624 (Special Duties) Squadron Royal Air Force.
- One BWPA CATS Scholarship
For a Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) or Airline Transport Pilot Licence ATPL (A) or (H) distance learning theory course.
- One BWPA CATS Full Time Scholarship
For a taught ATPL (A) distance learning theory course.
- Two BWPA Bristol Groundschool Scholarships
Each for half the value of an ATPL (A) or (H) distance learning theory course.
- Three BWPA Flight Deck Wingman Scholarships
Each for an Airline Assessment Preparation Course.
- One BWPA Wings Alliance Scholarship
For an Airline Pilot Assessment.
- Two BWPA Helicentre Aviation Scholarships
Each to subsidise the cost of an integrated CPL (H).
Make sure to check out the scholarship terms and conditions before applying to ensure you are eligible. For inspiration read about the 2021 winners and how they have been using their scholarships.